Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Geoy
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
Re: "No Littering"
In reply to Zindanfel, Jul 11, 2013

Zindanfel wrote:

Geoy wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen...the hemisphere!. Geoy.

For me the scene has enough variety in it to spark initial interest, but it doesn't have legs, i.e., I'm not drawn to spend a lot of time in it.

A few possible reasons for this:

> Concrete work in lower right turns out to be a false leading line; it doesn't take me into some area of greater interest -- it just lies there, inert.

> Almost all the people face away, and yet few seem to look at the lovely architecture; in effect most cue the viewer that the dome is nothing special.

> The people don't help consolidate a theme. They're dressed similarly yet are in various separate clusters, lacking spatial or activity ties. Their diffusion reinforces a viewer's dissociation.

The framing seems pushed a little too high -- nipping heels at the bottom, expanse of ho-hum clouds above.

-- hide signature --

Zin

Hi Zin,
Thanks for your specific points. I'm enlightened, and I like your phrase "doesn't have any legs".

As you say, it just looks too busy and next time I will try for less of everything in the foreground. Geoy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow