Started Jul 11, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ritman
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
SX280HS after firmware
Jul 11, 2013

I'm not going to add to the battery life complaints, there are plenty out there (see CANON.COM SX280HS forums). I did down load the firm ware released mid June and the battery life actually SHORTENED. Now, five minutes of video, DO NOT USE ZOOM during video or camera shuts down, ~7 minutes of videoing. Bottom line, do not buy this SX280 HS if you plan to use it for video. It does have nice, clear snap shots and great zoom, I'm very happy with that part of the camera.

I think Canon really screwed up with a rushed release of this camera as evidenced  by battery complaints, people returning their SX280s and prices dropping (camera dumping) on line. Canon's lack of acknowledging complaints leads one to think they just want the problem to go away. Watch for a SX290HS (?). Apparently, every time someone calls Canon customer service, they get the line, "this is the first we've heard of this problem".

I'll keep my SX280 because I like the zoom, stabilizing, low light shots are nice in my opinion and clear sharp pictures. I also bought it while prices were dropping. This is the reason for 3 stars otherwise it would be one star.

Ritman's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow