Does any m43 camera supports AE bracketing in 2EV steps?

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland111
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
Re: Bracketing with Olympus
In reply to Guy Parsons, Jul 11, 2013

Guy Parsons wrote:

As I said earlier, from E-PL5/E-PM2 onwards, the Oly bodies have HDR Bracket added to their Shooting Menu. The old AE Bracket is still there.

The old AE bracket needs a shutter button press for each frame.

The new HDR bracket does the whole bracket from one shutter press. Can be RAW or RAW+jpeg or jpeg only, the usual image choices.

Neither version has auto combining in the camera, it all needs to be done in post process.

A bit over half way down my E-PLx chart page you see the bracketing differences.

Here's quick shot of my E-PL5 screen in Shooting Menu 2 - Bracketing - HDR Bracket.

The E-P5 of course has this new feature. In my case I played with it a few times but then found I always got what I needed from the 1 RAW so haven't needed to use the HDR bracket since those early experiments. The 16MP sensor in the Olys is quite good at getting detail out of the shadows.

Regards..... Guy

I need HDR support for high contrast shots and usually +/-1 isn't enough to utilize raw format to maximum.

Great work Guy, thanks, I'm now very convinced that I can walk into shop eyes closed and buy PL5. That's to replace my Oly PL3. But I have also Pana G3 - what about Panasonic G5 and G6?

fotophool in this thread stated, that 2EV step AE bracketing is supported on these models. while I can't find in the web a single review mentioning something above 1 EV steps and either Panasonic site and manual doesn't seem to be aware of it.

Perhaps a firmware upadate is needed?

Roland111's gear list:Roland111's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A55 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow