Started Jul 8, 2013 | Questions thread
cpharm86
Regular MemberPosts: 353
Like?
Re: Did Some Testing
In reply to rbarta, Jul 11, 2013

rbarta wrote:

cpharm86 wrote:

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I read them over a couple of times and got some good ideas.

I did some testing and with the Canon 600EX-RT flash the EXT-A setting on the flash seemed to work best with manual, AV priority, TV priority and adjusting the ISO all to the scene turned out much better for me.

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEnAhkL0i38 There are many others that might help you to learn better how a flash can be used but this will help you to learn camera vs flash settings.

In some of your shots, the wall is so close that the flash is lighting the whole scene anyway so you probably could have set to manual 100iso, f4, 1/250 and be fine. When the background is farther from your subject is when you will need to alter camera settings if you want the background to be captured.

Thanks, good video. My mistake was setting the camera to "P" and E-TTL with no manual settings.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow