Learning more good stuff about Canon FD lenses on the NEX-7

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
kuuan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,420Gear list
Like?
Re: Learning more good stuff about Canon FD lenses on the NEX-7
In reply to bzx, Jul 11, 2013

bzx wrote:

....So basically, when using manual lens, it's better to be in Shutter-priority mode.

-- hide signature --

t[+]m

I use S mode + auto ISO at low light light, when I need a faster shutter speed than A mode selects to freeze motion and if I reckon I try to handhold a shorter shutter speed than A mode selects to save on ISO in low light.

When using S mode during day / at bright light I constantly must be careful to choose a short enough shutter speed to not overexpose which happens when the ISO already is at the lowest and shutter speed selected is not fast enough, and if the shutter selected is too fast the ISO would go up which is to avoid, therefore during day / at bright light it's A mode + auto ISO

This of course with any manual lens that has an aperture ring, not only FDs, and me too I really like the 'permanent dof preview', that anytime I can see in my EVF / on LCD exactly what the sensor will record

-- hide signature --

photos mostly taken with manual lenses on Ricoh GXR M, Sony NEX5N, Pentax K-x and *istDs: http://flickr.com/photos/kuuan/

kuuan's gear list:kuuan's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Pentax *ist DS Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow