Started Jul 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,325Gear list
Like?
Late X10 with engineering changes
Jul 11, 2013

I've just got my 2nd X10 with serial number starting with 24S (2012 Q4). I sold my X10 5 months ago and regretted. So when the chance came up with a new X10, naturally, I took it. I paid about US$330.

I found that this late model has a few engineering changes. The exposure compensation dial is a lot stiffer. It is as stiff as the one on X20/X100s.

Fuji changed the filter thread on the lens. The X10 is supposed to have 40.33mm filter thread. So my 40mm filter set fits fine. Now they have changed it to 40.5mm. My 40mm filters no longer fit, they are lose. But the Fuji lens hood still fits, I guess 40.33mm still works fine on 40.5mm, but the difference is too much going from 40mm to 40.5mm. I suppose having filter thread at 40.5mm allows greater selection of filter brands, such as B+W.

Also, I found that the shadow noise is less with this X10. My 1st X10 had the orb problem and it went to Fuji twice for sensor replacement / adjustment.

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +5 more
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow