Ming Thein DP3 Merrill review

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
richard stone
Senior MemberPosts: 1,611
Like?
Re: Really good review
In reply to Hornbrille, Jul 11, 2013

Hornbrille wrote:

For such portraits it's necessary to lower the chrominance noise reduction to a minimum as described bei Bob in the X3-Magazine. I'd additionally lower the contrast and limit fill-light to 0.3 or less. BTW: I stopped showing unprocessed images to my wife and my mother in law.

Uwe 8-)

It's my belief that the Foveon sensor is somewhat sensitive to wavelengths that people don't actually "see," in real life...Sort of the visual equivalent to dog whistles. So subcutaneous "skin" flaws show. It's not exactly that we choose not to see such flaws, it's more that we don't see them at all. Calling it micro-contrast heads off in the wrong direction. Yet, on the other hand, sharpness plays a role, because suitably blurred the image looks more pleasing.

So unless the model is a (very) young person, where the skin looks remarkably good, or the model is wearing enough make up to prevent any real skin from showing, be ready.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow