Best Small Shoulder Bag for XE1 3 Lens Kit

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,263Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Small Shoulder Bag for XE1 3 Lens Kit
In reply to Lawrence Fleischer, Jul 10, 2013

Lawrence Fleischer wrote:

Wow. Thanks for all the advice. I guess bags are really a big deal. Very personal. I have several backpacks but they are inconvenient for quick changes so I'm looking for a shoulder bag.

The Billingham Hadley Small looks very appealing, but the price...

The ONA looks nice but it appears to be too small for the zoom.

I think I have it narrowed down to 3 possibilities: 1) Tamrac 5723 Zuma 3; 2) Think Tank Sub Urban Disguise 30; or 3) Tenba Photo/Laptop Mini Messenger.

I have a couple of Tamrac backpacks and they have always fared well with me so that may be the way I'll go, except the Tenba looks like it would also be very effective.

I think I'll head down to B&H and take a first hand look at them all when I get a a chance. It's a 50 mile trip for me but it may be the thing I have to do.

Just to reiterate the Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 30i will definitely fit the Fuji 55-200 height wise and can be used as a reference height as you look at bag specs.

The Think Tank Retrospective 5 should work as well as the Domke F-6 Little Bit Smaller bag, I like the Ballistic material version better than the canvas version of the same bag.

-- hide signature --

If you are going to drive and I have no idea what a tank of Gas will cost or if you have to pay for parking or tolls getting to or in NYC. With that said it may be cheaper to just have the bags shipped to you.

Yes, order several camera bags at one time. B&H usually has Free shipping and based on how long it takes for you to drive I assume you should get the back quick via shipping in a day or two.

So the cost of Parking, tolls, gas, rush hour traffic stress whatever may be worth you having to pay the same thing in return shipping costs. Just saying travel expense could cost the same as shipping.

If you still want to go in person to B&H take all of your camera gear so you can fit everything and get a feel for the weight of the bag with the gear and the 55-200 is a heavy. You should also be comfortable working out of the bag.

I have the XE-1 with the RRS Grip and all the Fuji X lenses except the 18 mm prime.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow