Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,365Gear list
Like?
Need your recommendation 24X camera.
9 months ago

I spent the day shooting with only my XZ-1.  I had taken the bigger, heavier gear thinking to use the XZ-1 as a back up, but once I took the first shot with it, I stashed the other gear, and just used the XZ-1 for 100% of the floral conservatory shots.  And, for the most part, I was VERY impressed with the outcome. I did have a few errors with the super-macro shooting, but I just need a bit more practice.

But....what this day has suggested is that I consider a longer zoom smaller camera to accompany my XZ-1. I'm an older guy in search of smaller/lighter gear these days.  A quick search has come up with these:

SZ-15

SZ-16

SZ-31

SH-50

All are 24X zoom. 3" LCD. 3 of the 4 1080p for video(my least concern).  But the SZ-31 has 7fps.  I like that.

The XZ-1 stays because of it's f1.8 abilities(and the fact that it simply earned it's keep based on results).  But which of these other 4 would you advise, and WHY?  Thanks for your feedback.

Olympus SH-50 Olympus SZ-15 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow