Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,118Gear list
Re: Crystal Ball Required...
In reply to King Redshirt, Jul 10, 2013

King Redshirt wrote:

Greetings all!

It my first time posting on this forum, whihch i have found very usefull so far.

I would like to get into photography, perhaps as a side business one day... Always loved it.

I have decided to go full frame DSLR, as in other hobby interests have taught me working your way up is more expensive, just go big.

I absolutley hate to ask you this becuase I know after reading hundreds of posts since last Nov, but I really would like some help choosing between Canon and Nikon.

Looked into sony, and even bought a NEX3N, hardly a pro camera but it took some great photos in Italy, low light performance with no flash could not rival my camera phone.

The NEX 3N is easily . . . I mean extremely easy to blow away any camera phone on Earth at low light performance. If you believe the statement you wrote then you're wasting your money going with a more expensive camera. I recommend sticking with the 3N and learning how to shoot photography first. Many people find the APS-C sensor (1 step below full frame) all they ever need.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WBNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow