S5 PRO User Need a Smaller Camera, Need Help With Options.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,334Gear list
Like?
S5 PRO User Need a Smaller Camera, Need Help With Options.
9 months ago

I am in a pickle!! I need you help/suggestions.

i REALLY REALLY need a compact camera, i just CAN'T take the S5 with the nikon 17-55 everywhere due to the size and weight. last week i went hiking and i was so darn tired from the heat that i thanked God for not taking the big heavy S5/lens.  Of course i took ZERO photos    I have been looking at the X10 for a while and now i have the money to get it right now. Don't want the X20.

The thing is that i have read that the X10 has a very small point and shoot sensor which is very NOISY for low light, so now i have doubts about getting the X10. Is the low light performance that bad?? What if i bounce flash, would i get better performance out of this little puppy? i just love the size, but not sure now. I take lots of pictures of my kid's school activities and in-auditorium plays with not so good light. This is mainly my concern.

I honestly love the output result with the 17-55 lens on the S5, but i am ALSO thinking of just selling the lens to buy the X-E1 with the fujinon 18-55 lens. I will just use my nikon 35 1.8 G and Rokinon 85mm 1.4 on the S5 PRO. Do the S5 users think i will be making a mistake by doing this??

I will appreciate your wise input in this

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Casio Exilim EX-S5 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow