Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
roundball
Contributing MemberPosts: 810
Like?
Learning more good stuff about Canon FD lenses on the NEX-7
Jul 10, 2013

Based on some playing around today it looks like I don't have to shoot my FD lenses in 100% manual / manual mode after all, as Aperture Priority seems to work fine.

On my Canon bodies, a lens was held open at its maximum aperture while setting up the shot / focusing.  And even if I rotated the aperture dial manually there was no visible change in light level coming into the camera.  To actually 'see' what the final outcome would look like at a manually selected aperture, I had to momentarily use a 'stop-down lever' on the camera body.

But when I physically rotate the aperture ring on my FD lens attached to the NEX7, I can see the light level change in the view finder immediately...and the shutter speed changes right along with it as the sensor picks up changing light levels.  I thought an FD lens / NEX7 combo would only be manual / manual so this will be good.
PS:
If I've somehow misunderstood what I'm seeing / drawing the wrong conclusion, and anyone knows what I've just described to be incorrect, by all means please let me know.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow