D700 to D600 - Anyone done it? Opinions wanted!

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FireWalk
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
D700 to D600 - Anyone done it? Opinions wanted!
Jul 10, 2013

Hi all

I'm currently usiing a  D700 which I love. I work full time as a studio photographer, but I use works equipment, but outside work I do occasional paid jobs as well for which I use my own camera.

While the D700 is fantastic at what it does, there is one thing that I need for future projects, and that is video. So with this in mind I've been looking at selling the D700 and getting a D600.

I have digested many reviews/ write ups and I do realise that there are going to be sacrifices made (build, controls, AF area), but from what I can gather these are all worth the increase in  IQ and of course the addition of video.

The only other options for me are to change camps and either get a 6D or a S/H 5d Mkii. The D800 is out of my price range, and to be honest probably overkill for me at the moment.

So I really want to hear from people who have made the move from D700 to D600, and I would love to know how they found it.

What I don't need to hear is how I should just keep the D700, I need video so it has to go!

Thanks in advance

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow