Best Small Shoulder Bag for XE1 3 Lens Kit

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
alexzn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,647
Like?
Re: Best Small Shoulder Bag for XE1 3 Lens Kit
In reply to Lawrence Fleischer, Jul 10, 2013

ONA Bowery is probably the smallest, I am not sure if it can take the zoom height-wise, but its well-made and does not look like a camera bag.

Crumpler makes bags that are surprisingly functional and ergonomically just about perfect, if you can swallow the looks.

Think Tanks are always popular, but I personally hate them, because they never get the basic bag design right.  Case in point is the popular Retro5: looks great on paper and in the store, but it has too many tiny useless pockets and the designers never understood the basic principles of a messenger bag design.  While Billinghams, and ONAs use essentially self-sealing side flaps, Think Tank uses some weird flaps that essentially channel water inside the bag (hence the necessity for included rain cover).  Messenger bags are supposed to be body-hugging, but Retro5 sticks out from the body, the top flap is too long and always gets in the way....and the list goes on and on...

My personal favorites are Jack Spade messenger bags with an insert.  Stealth, perfect ergonomics, well-made, seals just by wearing it across the body, did I mention it does not look like a camera bag?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow