Geotagger for use with Canon 60D DSLR for RAW and JPG?

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
C M Greene
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Geotagger for use with Canon 60D DSLR for RAW and JPG?
Jul 10, 2013

For a number of years, I've been using to small Sony geo tagger (GPS-CS1KA). It a nice geo tagger -- small unit that I can just clip to my belt, camera case, etc., runs all day on a single AA battery, etc. But while I just insert the SD card at the end, it's slow in the geotagging process, and more of an issue it only geotags JPG files and won't run on SD cards larger than 32GB.

I'm looking for a replacement that will work on 64GB cards, and will geotag both JPG and RAW (Canon) photos.

I'm looking at a Android app, but am not sure that it will meet the need -- my smartphone (HTC One) does not have a replaceable battery, and I'm not sure it will run the entire day (16 hours) without needing a charge mid day and with the GPS On all day.

So I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a small geotagger that works well with Canon? I'd prefer something that doesn't require a PC app, but am not sure that is available. So a post processing solution to merge photo and GPS data on the PC may be what I need to use.

Thanks in advance!

C M Greene's gear list:C M Greene's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 100D +14 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow