parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,739Gear list
Like?
Re: Typical Sony
In reply to docvale, Jul 10, 2013

docvale wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

docvale wrote:

Since this is a rumor, it has to be accepted cum grano salis.

$4000 is a lot of money, but, as someone else's already posted, it's a tad more than half the price of the only other FF mirrorless around. No surprise if the hypothetical FF Nex were more expensive than a D600 or a 6D...

I disagree and think the price mentioned is a surprise, and unjustified

I agree it is unjustified from the "buyer perspective". I wouldn't be surprised if they proposed an insane price, though.

Me neither.  There seems to be a 'new thinking' at Sony recently in this respect

Having said that, the RX1 seems to have sold quite well in spite of a rather hefty price tag so maybe they feel they will also be able to shift this one?

the target of such a product would be to compete with Leica, thus it should come with relatively compact primes (spanning between 15 and 90mm) rather than long range zooms.

Leica is a company that simply sticks their name on a Panasonic compact camera and then immediately ups the price by several hundred dollars - and still gets people buying it!

Nobody can 'compete' with that. Likewise basing prices on those that Leica charge is not realistic other than recognising that you need to be 'much cheaper'

The Leica M is NOT a rebranded Lumix. It's overpriced, terribly, but for many photographers that camera and those lenses are the best out there.

Of course!  I was talking about their P&S cameras (which are, or at least were, rebranded Lumix) and just using the example to show how Leica can more or less chose the price for what they sell.  I guess Ferrarri and many other luxury brands are similar in this respect

Anyway, who say's this camera (if it is not just a rumour) is going to have any matching lenses - the VG900 doesn't and owners are expected to buy an Alpha adaptor and lenses from that system! Sony hasn't been particularly enthusiastic about supporting the NEX line with lenses since the system was launched so it would be a (welcome) surprise if they changed this attitude for any new FF model...

If the FF Nex (if it'll exist, sometimes) needed an adaptor to get A-mount lenses or nothing, would be a loser.

It's what they did with the VG-900.  Sony have said their future cameras will offer support for both mounts...

I'm not saying they will do this, but I think it's possible

If the first FF NEX is released at this price then I guess it's more a 'Statement of intent' than a product they expect to sell well.  As such supporting lenses may be sheduled for later with the first buyers of this body being the Leica 'M' and similar lens owners you mentioned earlier...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SARNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow