Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 17,773
Like?
Re: Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?
In reply to Jefftan, Jul 10, 2013

Jefftan wrote:

In Hong Kong one can already got the Coolpix A for about US$900 just $100 over GR

It is my belief that $100 is well worth it for made in Japan alone. If one is the type who want to use a camera for 5+ years, made in Japan is a better bet that it will last

In US still $1100 who is greedy I don't know

I have had a host of Ricoh cameras - all made in China as far as I know - all very reliable, well built. Even the eight year old original GRD which is apparently well beyond its use-by date.

On the other hand my most unreliable camera ever was a Nikon made in Japan (just the one, maybe I should have bought another to see if things would improve)

This was the Nikon Coolpix 5700, to be fair this horrible little camera dates back to 9 May 2002.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp5700/

And yes it was not good for even a couple of years before I binned it and spent most of this time off being repaired.

Therefore neither "Nikon" nor "made in Japan" is a guarantee that everything will be sweet.

And yes my Canon, made in Japan, cameras have all been pretty reliable (just to show lack of bias - grin).

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow