Your best iPhone pictures - to inspire a beginner

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Photos thread
Jeff
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,470
Like?
Re: Kayaking ...
In reply to phazelag, Jul 10, 2013

phazelag wrote:

Jeff which iPhone was that? Its a very nice photo and what appears to be a very accurate representation of the scene with color and exposure. I find my wife's iPhone 5 makes photos slightly more vivid than my iPhone 4s but they still have a very natural look.

That was an iPhone 4S.  I've been using ProCamera mostly, in expert mode, and setting the exposure circle to a blue part of the sky to use as a middle grey. That's an old school incident light metering trick that works very well with an iPhone.

I don't do much with color. In lightroom I bump the clarity about 15%, but's just local contrast, doesn't really do much to the color. I sharpen a bit, and do about 20% luminance noise reduction. That's pretty much it.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jck_photos/sets/
You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” -- Ansel Adams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow