Next NEX $4000.00

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
stick25
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: Next NEX $4000.00
In reply to docvale, 9 months ago

NEX maybe were born to provide compactness. But NEX is also following the path of all electronics, everything gets smaller. I don't believe it will be long before you see a Micro-SD slot in a NEX. FF cameras will follow the same path as all electronics. There are limitations on how small a lens can be and still provide IQ in relation to the size of the sensor. Larger lenses are necessary to put enough light on a FF sensor. So as long as there larger sensor, even as the camera gets smaller around them, you will still need the same size lens. Larger lenses are also necessary if you want to increase your reach. NEX is the only camera system I own and I don't have any problem putting a large lens on it to get the shot I want(I wish Sony would hurry up and come out with their E mount lens-mapped xx-300mm lens). Eventually as IQ and pixel density increases on all sized sensors there will diminishing returns on larger sensor and the larger formats will fade away and with them large lenses. It is inevitably, all electronics get smaller. The question of investing in FF lenses is how long will the fade take and I would guess you have to add in, how long will adapters stave off the death of the FF lens. IMO the top APS-C sensor are already starting to make FF unnecessary.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SARNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow