F900EXR Review. 4 1/2 Stars

Started May 11, 2013 | User reviews thread
John McCormack
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,318Gear list
Like?
Re: How much latency in zoom lever?
In reply to CAcreeks, Jul 10, 2013

CAcreeks wrote:

Wow, the Fuji Guys have demonstrated that this camera has many useless features! Possibly not useless for everyone.

Useless? Well, maybe Fujifilm feels they can throw in something for everyone. Marketing mavens call that a "full featured" camera.

I like the E-fn menu. The ability to set six personal functions (four on the four way controller plus one each on the playback and video button) is nice. It's one of those features that you wonder why others have not implemented.

My principal complaint about the F750EXR is how long it takes from power-on to the zoom lever becoming functional. Often I want to zoom in and must wait an excruciatingly long time.

Is the F900EXR quick from power-on to zoom-in ready?

There's no lag from power-on to zoom becoming functional on the F900EXR as long as you wait until the power up is complete - about 1.5-2 seconds. If you try to enable zoom during the power up operation the zoom control may lag or freeze up.  Not an issue for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow