What is a used NEX 5N worth?

Started Jul 9, 2013 | Questions thread
Rick V
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
Re: What is a used NEX 5N worth?
In reply to paulcraig, Jul 9, 2013

paulcraig wrote:

Yes, I think that's a great deal actually. Sure you can get a new NEX-3N for close to that, but the NEX-5N is legendary in image quality and usability and has all the 5 series features. For $300 you can't go wrong.

Heck I'd entertain $300 just for a -5N body by itself, as a second body for my -6.

For the time-lapse only the newer 5R and 6 have the ability to take time lapse photos via an add-on app. But for baby shots the 5N will work fine.

+1

This is what I have. I bought a used 5N (I believe for $325..no lens but had flash). I use this as a second body along with my 6. Actually this is the camera I give to my wife/kids at family functions/outings with a Sigma 30 or 19 on it. Set it to iAuto for them and let them snap away. That way, I get in some shots too (hopefully in focus and with correct white balance!), while I go around with the 6 in A or S mode, manually focusing with legacy lenses!

Rick

Rick V's gear list:Rick V's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow