Started Jul 9, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Garglo
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
The Casio Hi Speed Exilim Cameras gets even better
Jul 9, 2013

I have owned many Casio Cameras over the years and I have found them excellent for the features I use.  These features are: 3 times 10secs shots, Slow motion movies(FH100), The bright screen display in sunlight, the exceptional long battery life (due to Casio's low consumption electronics) the high speed burst shooting, the wide angle ability, document copying, the pre-video / photo modes where the movie /picture is captured before one pushes the trigger and ease of use. All these features are there in the new camera but even better.
The EX-700s steps it up a gear with high speed shooting ability and they have molded that down to general shooting to create very sharp images even with the maximum zoom.  On high speed anti- shake for instance the camera shoots a burst of photos and chooses the sharpest enhances it and one is able to see detail even in low light conditions. The art menu has fish eye and 9 other art type settings. The Best Shot menu there is about 21 settings from raw, pre-record movie (records from 5 secs before you push the trigger), HDR (one of my favorites for shooting inside and it adjusting the light levels from outside to inside via a 5 shot burst and stitching the shot together automatically), slide panorama, and many high speed selections including the photography basics.  What is different on this model compared to other the other new releases is the higher definition screen display which has meant that within virtually all the preset settings they are still configurable via the now rotating dial around the set button enabling very clear graphics of the setting options.  There is much more technical capabilities with this camera than my previous model the FH100.  If you do the basics its great. If you want adjustability like manual focus  or EV shift its there for the professional.  Why would one go for a big monstrosity of a camera when on holiday or for general use.  If you are a Canon, Panasonic or camera person then give this Casio a try and Im sure that you will be surprised.  I take better and capture better shots than my friends with these cameras.  Casio is not well represented in New Zealand and so I always have to purchase overseas. This is a camera you will have fun with.

Garglo's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Casio Exilim EX-FH100 Casio Exilim EX-ZR700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow