Next NEX $4000.00

Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
docvale
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
Re: Next NEX $4000.00
In reply to stick25, Jul 9, 2013

As I mentioned in a previous post, making a Nex (thus, a rangefinder-styled camera, born to provide compactness + interchangeable lenses) with a FF sensor is having the ambition to compete with Leica.

If they'll do it through the A-mount platform (thus large and heavy dSLR lenses) it will just be a non sense. Better not to invest on it...

stick25 wrote:

That site also say it will be an A mount. Do they have a choice to cover the FF? So will that mean in-camera image stabilization?

If it is possible to cover a FF with an E mount and how many lenses could they come out with at the announcement? Not enough lenses, is still a talking point for E mount (APS-C). What would be the response of a couple of lenses for a $4000 camera?

Not that I need anything more than my NEX7, but for that kind of money I would rather spend $1000 less and get a D800.

Maybe the NEX 9 will have a new FF sensor, (Sigma Foveon comparable). Then $4000 would be a bargain compared to the $6000 Sigma SD1. Oh wait, what’s it priced now?

docvale's gear list:docvale's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SARNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow