Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,527Gear list
Like?
Re: Can a lens be too pwerful for a camera
In reply to CShell12, Jul 9, 2013

CShell12 wrote:

Sonyshine wrote:

GJWhite wrote:

Had very similar problem, have both those lenses, a couple of years ago I was getting terrible results with it on my A700, turned out to be the Hoya Protection filter, a god one on the 70/300 and a bad one on the 70/400, they looked OK to the eye. Now leave them off and great results, just a thought.

-- hide signature --

Gordon White - New Age Pensioner - "Get in the Slow Lane of Life, it's much more fun"

The 70-400G works fine on the A55. Its just a much bigger, heavier lens needing skill to extract the full potential.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

The shots that I took that I wasn't pleased about where done using a Monopod, however, I don't have the steadiest of hands so I did some shots using a tripod.

Theses where much better, but as a few have said you need skill using it to get the best results, seems I'm going to have to keep practicing.

So it looks like with they weight, and the shaky hands, I'm going to have to use it on a tripod to get the best results

Look up my recent, very long thread about my 70-400 - I seem to be getting better results with no filter attached, but using the 70-400 takes practice and I still need to use 1/1000 shutter at the moment to get the best out of mine.

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansell Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony RX100 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow