Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
CShell12
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
Re: Can a lens be too pwerful for a camera
In reply to Sonyshine, Jul 9, 2013

Sonyshine wrote:

GJWhite wrote:

Had very similar problem, have both those lenses, a couple of years ago I was getting terrible results with it on my A700, turned out to be the Hoya Protection filter, a god one on the 70/300 and a bad one on the 70/400, they looked OK to the eye. Now leave them off and great results, just a thought.

-- hide signature --

Gordon White - New Age Pensioner - "Get in the Slow Lane of Life, it's much more fun"

The 70-400G works fine on the A55. Its just a much bigger, heavier lens needing skill to extract the full potential.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

The shots that I took that I wasn't pleased about where done using a Monopod, however, I don't have the steadiest of hands so I did some shots using a tripod.

Theses where much better, but as a few have said you need skill using it to get the best results, seems I'm going to have to keep practicing.

So it looks like with they weight, and the shaky hands, I'm going to have to use it on a tripod to get the best results

CShell12's gear list:CShell12's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow