Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM??

Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobgeorge
Contributing MemberPosts: 589Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM??
In reply to Telhma, Jul 9, 2013

Telhma wrote:

Hello, I think you talk about the new lens, the one with the S mark.

I bought such one, but only used it untill know for wildlive. Next week i will shoot with it at the european championchips women soccer, and i will post you some results

I am a female shooter, and pffff, that lens is heavy like hell together with my 1DX. for me it is in fact to heavy to hand hold, even only for 5 second, off course, with a monopod it is fine to shoot with. I will tell you soon if the reach on a full frame will be enough on a full size pitch

1 bad thing i noticed allready on my lens, is that my focus scale is off. when i focus to the closest point, it is standin close to 2.8 meter on the scale (need to be 1.5) when i focus to infinity it is standing way behind infinity.
But, the focus works well, and the sharpness of the lens looks in my eyes much better then the 100-400L

So, I'll tell you more when i take it out for my first real job

greets

Tella

OK.  Let me know your results.

-- hide signature --

BobGeorge
--------------
Nikon D600
Visit my Flickr page.

bobgeorge's gear list:bobgeorge's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow