Iso Question

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Contributing MemberPosts: 883Gear list
Re: Iso Question-Some Photos
In reply to AnthonyL, Jul 9, 2013

AnthonyL wrote:

cpharm86 wrote:Here are some photos. Only cropped some, no post processing as of yet.

I've been following this ever since I suggested you move it to this forum.

I hope someone more experienced will chip in but my immediatel comments are:

1) The images have quite a natural look to them considering that you say the light was less than ideal.  If you wanted to have less ISO what would you sacrifice?  You're already a tad wide at F4, and you might be able to go a little bit slower but risky, or you would ask the flash to do more work and end up with a less natural look.  Just use some noise reduction (before sharpening) on the RAW images before processing.

2) It's not clear how you were using the flash.  It was on-camera?  Bounced or direct?  Diffuser or not?

Canon 600EX-RT on camera with with included white card bounce with most of the 450 shots I took.

3) I had a look at your gallery and the outdoor photos, both of which I think would have benefited from a diffused fill-flash.

What are you going to do with the images?  I suspect that they will look fine printed.

These wedding photos were for a neighbors son. He will have several printed and I will put together about an 80 photo album for him once everything is processed and ready to go.

Thanks again for your help!

cpharm86's gear list:cpharm86's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow