Iso Question

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Questions thread
cpharm86
Regular MemberPosts: 385
Like?
Re: Iso Question-Some Photos
In reply to AnthonyL, Jul 9, 2013

AnthonyL wrote:

cpharm86 wrote:Here are some photos. Only cropped some, no post processing as of yet.

I've been following this ever since I suggested you move it to this forum.

I hope someone more experienced will chip in but my immediatel comments are:

1) The images have quite a natural look to them considering that you say the light was less than ideal.  If you wanted to have less ISO what would you sacrifice?  You're already a tad wide at F4, and you might be able to go a little bit slower but risky, or you would ask the flash to do more work and end up with a less natural look.  Just use some noise reduction (before sharpening) on the RAW images before processing.

2) It's not clear how you were using the flash.  It was on-camera?  Bounced or direct?  Diffuser or not?

Canon 600EX-RT on camera with with included white card bounce with most of the 450 shots I took.

3) I had a look at your gallery and the outdoor photos, both of which I think would have benefited from a diffused fill-flash.

What are you going to do with the images?  I suspect that they will look fine printed.

These wedding photos were for a neighbors son. He will have several printed and I will put together about an 80 photo album for him once everything is processed and ready to go.

Thanks again for your help!

Pete

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow