Fireworks, Rutland, MA

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
draacor
Contributing MemberPosts: 923Gear list
Like?
Re: Fireworks, Rutland, MA
In reply to Priscilla Messinger, Jul 9, 2013

Priscilla Messinger wrote:

I actually started out with 30 seconds and realized that was too much, so went down to 20, and kept going down. I cut it to 2 at the end, as they were coming too fast. You just have to experiment. I was happy that the sky was still blue at the beginning, but it darkened pretty fast.

-- hide signature --

Great shots i particularly like fireworks shots.  One thing i would recommend because its so much easier than to use a timed exposure is to use bulb.  Set your camera to bulb mode, use a remote.  Hit the remote once to open the shutter right after you see the fireworks go up in the air, then after they burst and get all pretty hit the remote again to close the shutter. This is much easier than to try and time it by doing 20 or 30 second intervals.  Here is one of mine

-- hide signature --

D7000
50mm 1.8D
18-105mm
55-200mm
10-24mm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalimpact

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow