Switch from Canon to Nikon - advice on lenses

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Kitacanon
Senior MemberPosts: 2,491Gear list
Like?
Re: Switch from Canon to Nikon - advice on lenses
In reply to Tepacca, 9 months ago

I've kept away from gear forums for a year now, knowing that this upcoming year 35mm Full Frame cameras would be out and I didn't want any lust to get the better of me...before Canon and Nikon got their $2k FF bodies out....I currently use Canon DX format bods and want to go 35mm...

In addition to a few nice Canon lenses (35/2 and 50/1.8 MKI and mid-level consumer zooms from 18 to 210) I have every prime MF Nikkors focal length from 50 to 300 (and an Oly 24/2.8) and love them all....

I enjoy photography when I can manually focus, so my primary concern will be which body will focus better with them...I'll enjoying testing the Nikon and Canon bodies this year before making my decision.

Choosing the brand/model of camera has to be based on how it will be used, how comfortable the hands work with the dials and buttons, and desired output...specs are less important than results...

Asking others for advice is not unhelpful, but too many people buy a camera before getting behind the viewfinder, much like many buy a car without ever getting behind the wheel.

Kitacanon's gear list:Kitacanon's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 450D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow