Refusal of DWI to deliver purchased item...urgent advice required!

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
bed bug
Senior MemberPosts: 2,946
Like?
Re: Refusal of DWI to deliver purchased item...urgent advice required!
In reply to Jeff Peterman, Jul 9, 2013

I can see what you are saying Jeff, but I still feel that DWI went into a contract with myself in which they failed to deliver.

Frankly I can not understand why they are like this and why they are being so difficult. An upset customer tells at least six others about their negative experience and with social media this figure becomes even greater. I guess that the actual value lost may have been around 350 to them, but with all the negative publicity, this would mount to thousands.

This is one pig headed stupid, stupid company.

Kind regards
Stephen

Jeff Peterman wrote:

If it was shipped from Hong Kong, it could well be that they went "cheap" and under-insured it (or didn't insure it at all, leaving the default value). That means that DHL may only have paid out a small sum, such as $50, for the item even if it was worth much more. So, DWI refunded what they go back, not what you paid. Still bad on their part (and I wouldn't buy from them), but I can see their potential point.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow