From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Questions thread
YouDidntDidYou
Senior MemberPosts: 1,576
Like?
Re: From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?
In reply to highwave, Jul 9, 2013

highwave wrote:

coming from a point and shoot background with a great dislike of VF

I would say 30% EVF and 70% LCD on my OM-D E-M5

Pros of EVF:

- can save battery life

- better to judge exposure in harsh light

- better to hold steady

- better for tracking motion

Pros for LCD:

- a whole lot more flexibility in composition (add to that the tilting LCD and the comparison isn't even funny)

- much more stealthy and inconspicuous

- people are less likely to react to someone shooting off LCD (less intimidation)

- using the LCD to take your shot doesn't isolate you from your surroundings, so you don't feel like you're missing out on the action hiding behind a camera.

- like it or not, shooting with LCD is the more natural thing. Sticking a camera to your face isn't. I don't mean to be mean but people who argue otherwise are from a generation where VF are the only option and think that that's the more natural setting. People like me who never had to use VF disagree.

Again, I really can't emphasis enough how liberating and flexible an LCD is when it comes to shooting. You can really get the shot you want when composing with an LCD. Unlike crouching backwards with an obnoxious flip angle for your back to see your shot of a flower through a VF.

+100 what you said, i've been shooting LCD for 99% of the time since 2008
living life to the Four Thirds!
http://www.YouDidntDidYou.com/blog

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow