Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KwikVik
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Will Iso 100 ever come to OMD or EPL5 ?
Jul 9, 2013

With my EPL5 and my friend's d5100 we took a couple of outdoor shots the other day.

When I compared my EPL5 files with my friend's d5100 at the base ISO's of 200 and 100 respectively, I see quite a bit of noise in in even regular shots.

Yes I'm a pixel-peeper (can't do much about it - is there a cure ?:)) , but I feel the difference is noticeable even without that kind of peeping.

I know an answer may be to try ETTR at iso200, and although I've tried it and the results have been good...  I hate making those adjustments all the time.

I think what's irritating now is that I just saw an ISO 100 on the new E-P5, and checking out the sample RAW files it does seem to be a lot better noise-wise.

And I know there may be compromises with an ISO 100 on the Oly sensor (i.e. lower Dynamic range etc.) but I just wish Olympus would give that as an option at least to people like me who have spent close to 700$ on their new camera.

I was thinking as to - Whether it's possible to bring an ISO 100 on omd and epl5 just by pushing a new software update? Or is it tied to hardware ?

And also, if anyone knows of any rumors floating around (or would like to start floating them around :)) which talks of a future iso 100 on epl5  ?

KwikVik's gear list:KwikVik's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8
Nikon D5100 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow