Can Someone Point Me to Good HDR Photography?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
REShultz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108
Like?
Re: Can Someone Point Me to Good HDR Photography?
In reply to timo, 9 months ago

timo wrote:

I agree with the spirit of this question. But people seem to like it. When you review shots picked as 'winners' in galleries or competitions there is a huge emphasis on post-processing - there does seem to be a general preference for 'fake' drama, and a sense of artificiality. Particularly for landscape shots.

-- hide signature --

tim
www.pbase.com/timotheus

Yes I totally agree and it's frustrating beyond belief. The only online gallery of which I am aware is National Geographic which places an emphasis on only minor editing and corrections. And even then, sometimes PP work is selected. But it's not the over the top stuff you see at 500px for example.

As for the thread, it's been very interesting. I greatly appreciate all of you who have been willing to put your work out in front of a "skeptic" and I've learned a good deal. Several of you have posted good work that I may not have pinned as HDR because it's so subtle. This seems to be the best way to apply the technique.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow