From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Questions thread
baxters
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,001Gear list
Like?
Re: From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?
In reply to Grani, Jul 9, 2013

Grani wrote:

I did not invest in the EV-4 for my P5, and realize that each time I grab the camera to shoot - I lift it up to my face...

I went from an Oly E-510 DSLR to the EPL1 and had the same reaction for few months. At $249, same price as VF4, the VF2 available at the time was low on my priority list, but after 8 month sof PEN ownership, when I had a chance to get a new one discounted to $190, I took it.

The EVF allows me to better focus my legacy 85mm and 135mm lenses. I couldn't shoot my adapted ZD 70-300mm w/o it. While it can help in situations where I cannot see the screen in bright sun, it's not easy to shoot in the noon day sun anyway, so this is less of a advantage.

After two years of EPL1 ownership, I got a nice deal on an EM5 body and use that. With an integrated EVF, I only use that when absolutely necessary. LCD is getting plenty of use. Getting too old to bend down, so the tilt screen and EVF is quite handy in many situations. I also get more stability with wider angle lenses tensioning my camera neck strap against my body than by holding it up to my eyes.

baxters's gear list:baxters's gear list
Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow