From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Questions thread
baxters
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,335Gear list
Like?
Re: From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?
In reply to Grani, Jul 9, 2013

Grani wrote:

I did not invest in the EV-4 for my P5, and realize that each time I grab the camera to shoot - I lift it up to my face...

I went from an Oly E-510 DSLR to the EPL1 and had the same reaction for few months. At $249, same price as VF4, the VF2 available at the time was low on my priority list, but after 8 month sof PEN ownership, when I had a chance to get a new one discounted to $190, I took it.

The EVF allows me to better focus my legacy 85mm and 135mm lenses. I couldn't shoot my adapted ZD 70-300mm w/o it. While it can help in situations where I cannot see the screen in bright sun, it's not easy to shoot in the noon day sun anyway, so this is less of a advantage.

After two years of EPL1 ownership, I got a nice deal on an EM5 body and use that. With an integrated EVF, I only use that when absolutely necessary. LCD is getting plenty of use. Getting too old to bend down, so the tilt screen and EVF is quite handy in many situations. I also get more stability with wider angle lenses tensioning my camera neck strap against my body than by holding it up to my eyes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow