A Moral Question

Started Jun 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
mbloof
Senior MemberPosts: 1,354Gear list
Like?
Re: A Moral Question
In reply to ekao, Jul 9, 2013

ekao wrote:

Not everyone can afford a professional photographer, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to have beautiful images to celebrate the special occasions in their lives.

Sony, Samsung, Nikon and Canon sell seemingly a bazillion "point and shoot" cameras each and every year. Its almost impossible to get a cell phone these days WITHOUT an image capturing device built into it.

I think we all have seen the Apple advertizement: "more images are captured with an iPhone everyday than any other device"

Countless images are captured with the above devices every year and while some get deleted shortly after being taken and almost all are not 'perfect' there are countless ones that are cherished and priceless memories for the person that took them.

While there appears to be some that think the only worthwhile images are taken by seasoned, experienced and well educated, trained and equipped (and reasonably well to outlandishly paid) "pro photographers" the simple reality is that if the images we took ourselves were not good enough for us (the other 98%) no one (outside of the pros) would bother buying camera gear.

If the market wanted a bunch of static, lifeless, awkward, cookie-cutter production line images, Sears, JCP, Walmart and Kmart (and countless others) would still offer $40 "portrait sessions". All of them have exited the market as there no longer is a market for that drivel.

-- hide signature --

(insert brag sheet here)
A sampling of my images are in my DPR gallery
Technologist @ Large
- Mark0

mbloof's gear list:mbloof's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 400D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow