Would you consider the 70D to be

Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonrobertp
Forum ProPosts: 11,257Gear list
Like?
Re: No, 70D is not an upgrade.
In reply to Rexgig0, Jul 9, 2013

Rexgig0 wrote:

The 70D is more modern in some ways, which might make it better-suited for some shooters, so it is nice for them to have the choice. I am already using a pair of 7D cameras, and do not see anything in the 70D that would compel me to replace what I am using. If there is no 7D Mark II, or equivalent "pro" APS-C camera introduced, then eventually, my upgrade path will lie in the direction of the 5D-series or 1D-series Canons, or perhaps a Nikon D4, or its successor. I already have older 5D and 1D Mark II N bodies, and Nikon film SLRs, some nice Nikkor lenses, and SB-800 and SB-910 Speedlights; there is more to life than APS-C Canon DSLRs!

The top items on my wish list for a 7D upgrade are dual memory card slots, and better AF in low light.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rex....I thot the 7d wud af well in low light...so, not that great ?  How does it do in relation to other cams...Nik or entry FF s  then ?  thx.

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NoNew
NoNew
No.New
yesNew
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow