Would you consider the 70D to be

Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,729Gear list
Like?
Re: No, 70D is not an upgrade.
In reply to jwhphotos, Jul 9, 2013

The 70D is more modern in some ways, which might make it better-suited for some shooters, so it is nice for them to have the choice. I am already using a pair of 7D cameras, and do not see anything in the 70D that would compel me to replace what I am using. If there is no 7D Mark II, or equivalent "pro" APS-C camera introduced, then eventually, my upgrade path will lie in the direction of the 5D-series or 1D-series Canons, or perhaps a Nikon D4, or its successor. I already have older 5D and 1D Mark II N bodies, and Nikon film SLRs, some nice Nikkor lenses, and SB-800 and SB-910 Speedlights; there is more to life than APS-C Canon DSLRs!

The top items on my wish list for a 7D upgrade are dual memory card slots, and better AF in low light.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NoNew
NoNew
No.New
yesNew
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow