From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Questions thread
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,791Gear list
Like?
Re: Jalywol....big difference between VF-2 and VF4?
In reply to jalywol, Jul 9, 2013

jalywol wrote:

Marla wrote:

I noticed you have used both. I just ordered the E-PL5 and own the VF2 which I'm happy with. I'm just curious how the two differ in real life use......

Thanks

HUGE difference. The VF-4 is one of the largest viewing areas I have seen on a camera, and it is bright, not grainy at all, and has great color and responsiveness. I also always used to get a headache from the VF-2 and do not from the the VF-4.....

If there is anyway you can try one, you should. It's really a pretty amazing device (oh, and with the added bonus that it has a lock, so you can't accidentally knock it out of the hot shoe )

-J

Sounds great....I have a question (I'm a bit "technically challenged" for want of a better term). The following statement is included in the description of the VF-4 on the B&H website. I don't understand the statement "not compatible with the Eye Sensor." I guess it makes no difference in the image and usage with the E-PL5, although there can be "degradation in the images" of the older cameras.

B&H Quote

The Olympus PEN E-PL5, E-PL3, E-PL2, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-PM2, E-PM1, E-P3, E-P2, E-M5 and XZ-2 cameras can be made compatible with the VF-4 with a free firmware update, however the eye sensor is not supported on these cameras .......

and with the E-PL2, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-P2, XZ-2 cameras, slight image degradation on the viewfinder is noted.

Thanks for your help

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow