From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Questions thread
RaymondR
Senior MemberPosts: 1,854Gear list
Like?
Re: Just out of curiosity...
In reply to Corkcampbell, Jul 8, 2013

more direct control buttons and dials, built in flash, faster max shutter speed, focus peaking, higher res LCD, and, like Steven Wandy posted a couple of hours ago, form factor.  I like the PEN styliing and while the EM-5 styling is nice, I just like the PEN styling better.   plus, as I indicated, I almost always compose on the LCD and having an EVF that will work on the EP-5 if I need one, the built in EVF of the EM-5 is not a plus whereas the missing built in flash on the EM-5 is a really big minus. I was really miffed when it seemed like the EP line had been killed off in favor of the EPL and EPM split.  The E-PL2 and EP-3 were the last of the PENs that were properly sized as far as I am concerned -- newer PLs and PMs being too small to be comfortable handling.  I'm with Goldilocks -- some cameras are too big, some are too smal and some are just right.  If the EP-5 hadnt come along, I am sure I would have upgraded to the EM-5 notwithstanding things but when the EP-5 was announced I was thrilled and when I read the specs I was even happier.  Now I just have to wait for the price to come down a bit and time to pass -- I already made my big purchase for this year when I got an ZX-2 to replace my Canon G11.

-- hide signature --

RaymondR

RaymondR's gear list:RaymondR's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Nikon D40 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow