From DSLR to PEN...Why do you stick to LCD?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
RaymondR
Senior MemberPosts: 1,721Gear list
Like?
Re: Just out of curiosity...
In reply to Corkcampbell, 9 months ago

more direct control buttons and dials, built in flash, faster max shutter speed, focus peaking, higher res LCD, and, like Steven Wandy posted a couple of hours ago, form factor.  I like the PEN styliing and while the EM-5 styling is nice, I just like the PEN styling better.   plus, as I indicated, I almost always compose on the LCD and having an EVF that will work on the EP-5 if I need one, the built in EVF of the EM-5 is not a plus whereas the missing built in flash on the EM-5 is a really big minus. I was really miffed when it seemed like the EP line had been killed off in favor of the EPL and EPM split.  The E-PL2 and EP-3 were the last of the PENs that were properly sized as far as I am concerned -- newer PLs and PMs being too small to be comfortable handling.  I'm with Goldilocks -- some cameras are too big, some are too smal and some are just right.  If the EP-5 hadnt come along, I am sure I would have upgraded to the EM-5 notwithstanding things but when the EP-5 was announced I was thrilled and when I read the specs I was even happier.  Now I just have to wait for the price to come down a bit and time to pass -- I already made my big purchase for this year when I got an ZX-2 to replace my Canon G11.

-- hide signature --

RaymondR

RaymondR's gear list:RaymondR's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Nikon D40 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow