ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
P S
P S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,309Gear list
Like?
Problem with SDHC card and EM5
Jul 8, 2013

I was using my EM5 in a wedding on Saturday without any problem. Yesterday, my EM5 wouldn't work. The view finder seemed to work on and off, but none of the buttons responded. I changed lens, cleaned the contacts on the camera and the lens, but nothing worked. I removed the SD card and reinserted it and the camera told me the card is full (this only shown once, other times, it did not show it was full). I know it was not. It is a 32GB Lexar Professional (600x speed) card. I checked it on my laptop and it worked and were only half full. I put another card in the camera, and the camera worked. I don't know what causes the problem, but at least it is the card and not the camera. Anyone know what the problem is? Is it because it is a 32GB card, and camera can only use 16GB card (I am guessing here)? I am reporting it here also in case this happens to others. So if the camera stop working, it may be caused by the SD card.

-- hide signature --

PS

P S's gear list:P S's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow