Started Jun 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
HarryLally
Senior MemberPosts: 2,338Gear list
Like?
Re: Outer points focus very innacurate
In reply to M J Valentine, Jul 8, 2013

M J Valentine wrote:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. Have you experienced any front/back focusing at close up or other distances? Your findings seem to support Mais78's experience that the 6D is not to blame for the Sigma 35mm f/1.4's focusing errors.

No, I've had no problems at all focussing withe the 35 f1.4L, either close up or further away. That's on the 5DII and 6D.

I have hired the Canon 35mm f/1.4L but was disappointed with the purple fringing at f/1.4. Is this removable by post-processing in Lightroom or DXO Optics?

Yes, the colour fringing (both green and purple) is disappointing on such an expensive lens, though it only occurs in certain specific instances and is virtually gone by f2. I only use Canon's DPP and can't completely remove the fringing with that software.

Since starting this thread I've decided against a 24-105 and like the idea of a 24-70 f/4L.

I'm a recent convert to the 24-105 f4L, having bought it in March for my long trip to OZ and NZ. It really is a very versatile lens and a great one-lens solution for travelling. It's main weakness is the barrel distortion at the wide end, but that is correctable in PP. It's a very sharp contrasty lens and it's build quality is the best of all my L lenses apart from the 35f1.4. It's almost a permanent fixture on my 6D now.

Michael

HarryLally's gear list:HarryLally's gear list
Canon EOS 6D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow