Would you consider the 70D to be

Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
4thnebula
Senior MemberPosts: 1,580Gear list
Like?
Based on Which I Would Buy...
In reply to jwhphotos, Jul 8, 2013

It would be the 70D.  However, this is based on what I know about each camera and the 70D has not even been out yet for review.

My choice is based on the following assumptions:

1.  Prices are similar enough so I would purchase the one I considered more useful to me;

2.  Both standard PD AF systems are the same;

3.  The 7D has a fixed LCD (I have vowed never to buy another camera with a fixed LCD and will   hold to that for all time)

4.  The 70D has a revolutionary much faster af on-sensor PDAF (as compared to all other Canon cameras) which allows for live-view system with high useable focusing for video and stills.  Having used Olympus and Panasonic u43rds systems with tilting and articulating LCDs I am completely aware of how useful this is to me.

5.  Image quality and low light shooting appears to be same between both (obviously we will have to see).

6.  The new PDAF sensor looks to be a major step forward in allowing all my present and future EF lenses to function equally in live-view.  I was concerned that all that these lenses would go obsolete relative to the future.

Note, this is just my choice.   The 7D, I am sure, is still a great choice.  Based on the above points though the 70D is for me.

4thnebula's gear list:4thnebula's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NoNew
NoNew
No.New
yesNew
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow