ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Juhele
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
DMC-LZ8 - poor image quality
Jul 8, 2013

Hi,
few years ago we bought ​​Lumix DMC-LZ8 to my mum.

However, later I noticed blurred and overall bad photos. I uploaded some photos to this Flickr set - original photos directly from camera.

It looks like the camera can produce relatively good results outdoors, also with flash, but sometimes it has terrible problems with light.

For example, the photos of the white kitten seem to be overexposed and loose details in the white areas. I also did a factory reset about a year ago but noticed no improvement. My mom uses it exactly as "point-and-shoot" in fully automatic mode with activated so called Intelligent AF enabled. I started to check the photos just a short time ago - going to look on the oldest ones too.

Is this behavior normal in this price range cameras or is there something wrong? I know that the lens can have problems with focusing in low light conditions and blurry image is result when using long exposure like 1/8s etc. but in many cases the exposure settings seem to be OK but the photo is not.

do you have experience with similar issues?

thanks

Juhele's gear list:Juhele's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P300 Pentax K-x Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow