Recommendations for an ND grad system

Started Jul 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Clueless Wanderer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommendations for an ND grad system
In reply to andywhoa, Jul 8, 2013

Ive had Hitech ones for years I highly rate them. Then sailor blue points out the alternative, which I do from a single raw file. I pp the raw file, then make a virtual copy in Lightroom and under or over expose the copy by one stop, depending on what is needed. I then combine them in Photoshop. The most I have ever done is four different exposures of the same file.
Grads save you a hell of a lot of time pp, so I carry them with me and decide at the scene which option I will use. I use a cokin z pro holder with Hitech soft edge ND's. Its not been unknown for me to slide a darker filter in from the top for the sky and slide a not so darker one from below to darken the foreground. Again this can be done in post, But sliding in a grad is a hell of a lot faster..

Clueless Wanderer's gear list:Clueless Wanderer's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow