Started Jul 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill Donnell
Regular MemberPosts: 409Gear list
Like?
Fuji X20
Jul 8, 2013

Thanks for the help guys. Your info made me decide. Just got back from the Mall with my brand new X20. Price was right. $100 less than the lowest advertized price I found on the Internet. I'm from the U.S. living in Bangkok now. Many places have a two price structure. Cheaper for Thais, more expensive for foreigners. I often have my Thai girlfriend make purchases for me where this double price racket is suspected. I came prepared. I brought a list of advertized prices I found on the Internet, and was prepared to bargain if the price was out of line. I didn't have to.

However living here is a bargain. My living expenses here are are around one third of what it cost while lining in the U.S. by myself as opposed to living here with my Thai Girlfriend and her two teenage daughters with a higher standard of living.

If you ever visit Bangkok be sure and visit Panthip Plaza. Its a four story mall covering almost a city block, selling computers and electronics. Cracked computer programs are sold openly there. You name it- they have it. I don't know where to buy a legitimate program. All I have seen are cracked. My cracked version of Photoshop 6 cost $9. Same goes for Adobe Light Room and all other programs. If any of you intend to visit here, PM me and when you arrive, I'll show you around.

Bill Donnell's gear list:Bill Donnell's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow