Thank you to my new friends here--and prolly farewell, too

Started Jul 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Per Baekgaard
Contributing MemberPosts: 882Gear list
Like?
Re: I know all that, and...
In reply to olyflyer, Jul 8, 2013

olyflyer wrote:

...since Sweden is a EU member, of course the EU laws are applied here as well. BTW, Swedish consumer protection is stronger than the EU protection AFAIK.

Yep, and the same is true here.

So, they follow the rules and regulations, you can be sure of that, but they have the right to refuse taking back anything if you buy it over the desk. That kind of return policy ("öppet köp") is applied by most of the shops but at their own discretion and not on every item and also not regardless if the box is opened or not, that is up to them to decide.

Again, same rules here. The "default" rule of 14 days return policy only applies if you order through the net -- although you can arrange for a pick-up and still keep your return rights. Buying over the counter only gives you the policy they state when you buy; however many shops do offer a "reasonable" return policy that sometimes approaches that of the internet shops, in order to compete.

I deal the same way as you do, by the way -- I've bought most of my stuff at a well known dealer I've worked with for many years, photoshop.dk (that also has a brick-and-mortar store) and some at photografica.dk (more of a normal store in the heart of Copenhagen). Never had any problems with either and always had prompt reply and help on any issues that needed to be addressed with a product.

Per Baekgaard's gear list:Per Baekgaard's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow