Switch from Canon to Nikon - advice on lenses

Started Jul 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Picturenaut
Regular MemberPosts: 328Gear list
Like?
Re: Switch from Canon to Nikon - advice on lenses
In reply to Zlik, Jul 8, 2013

Zlik wrote:

I wouldn't switch, get the 6D or the 5DmkIII which are excellent cameras. The "only" advantage I see on the Nikon side (I own Nikon) is the DR at base ISO, but unless you really push your files in post, you will not see a big difference. If I had Canon lenses, I would be happy with a 5DmkIII. Right now, I am very happy with my D800, but all full frames bodies right now from both Canon and Nikon are amazing cameras, light years ahead of a 7D sensor.

Exactly. Plus, it's the good lenses that you keep, and most probably you'll upgrade your camera every 3-5 years. Digital cameras are fast aging products as you experience now with your 7D that was the best APS-C-DSLR only a few years ago. I have a 7D and a 5D3, and the modern FF 5D is a different league IQ-wise. All those recent cameras are great tools to make good images, no matter which brand you use. The reason why I personally stick with Canon is not because I am a fanboy (I still love my old Nikon FM-2), it's some lenses I personally love (including the nice light 70-200/4 IS). I am pretty sure that many Nikonians are exactly in the same situation with their lenses.

-- hide signature --

Picturenaut

Picturenaut's gear list:Picturenaut's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow