Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
nzmacro
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,380Gear list
Like?
Re: Weekly Wildlife Thread: July 7th - July 13th
In reply to Atgard, Jul 8, 2013

Atgard wrote:

Hi guys...

I braved the heat of the middle of a sunny July day in South Florida to bring you these shots. But I couldn't resist when my new Sony 55-300mm lens showed up!

I hope you enjoy them, C&C welcome...

Caught ya!

Soaring

This anhinga was an astute fisherman. He would dive down, and pop up every minute or so to toss the fish in the air & swallow it. I only had about a second from the time he surfaced to find him, frame him in the viewfinder, focus, and shoot. Good thing he gave me several chances.

Tri-colored heron "on the wing"

Great egret, off to gather twigs for a home remodeling project

Excellent variety and darn good shots. Here we are very limited in what we have. Very few Egrets, here we call them a white Heron. Scarce, but I do have a few shots out of only 120 odd population in New Zealand of the white Heron. Gorgeous Egret, love them and well done.

Tri coloured Heron we don't have either. We have the white faced Heron and a reef Heron, so i love seeing these, beautiful. Anhinga we don't have either and I love those as well, I really enjoy seeing what Justin posts up in the NEX forum as well as here. Nice to see and good on you.

All the best and fine shots, beautiful bird life

Danny.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CoolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow