Would you consider the 70D to be

Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 752Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D vs 70D
In reply to westcoasthd, Jul 8, 2013

westcoasthd wrote:

At the current prices which camera 7D vs 70D is a better value, if you would shoot video 50% of the time. I believe I read that the still AF module is from the 7D, so I would think AF performance would be similar between the two. Are most 7D users happy with the current AF performance? The 70D seems to have the edge in video alone. I would assume it would also do better in low light performance given the ISO ratings, the difference between 7 and 8 FPS isn't major to me. If I changed, I would be selling a D7000, which I use mainly for video. The still AF on the D7000 is not as good as a Nikon D300, but good enough that I get consistent results. I would not want any lower AF performance, and MP sensor size doesn't really matter to me.

Maybe the AF sensor is the same, but the 7D has a dedicated processor for AF just like a 1 series body. Unless the processor in the 70D is significantly faster, I doubt it will track in AI Servo as well as the 7D. Guess we have to wait a couple of months to find out.

For me I could care less about the video aspect. I would much rather shoot an ENG cam over a dslr+rig system put together like a lego/erector set any day of the week.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NoNew
NoNew
No.New
yesNew
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow