How does a 2009 MBP screen compare to New iMac?

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,505Gear list
Like?
Re: iMac for glossy, mini + NEC for matte
In reply to Greg Eddinger, Jul 8, 2013

Greg Eddinger wrote:

Jacques Cornell wrote:

T. For the OP, who was trying to figure out if TB + HDMI would drive his displays in a satisfactory fashion (probably not down-rezzed), the size of the displays at hand is relevant, i.e. connected, applicable and consequential information. If he has two 30" displays and adopts your proposed solution because "size does not matter", he's going to be pretty upset when he finds that one of his displays is running at much lower resolution.

Yes my question was about a calibrated screen that was for final product rendering. I need my display to represent as close as possible my printed version. Specifically full color 8.5"x11" web press magazines.

-- hide signature --

Gregory Eddinger
Those that believe they can, CAN, because they BELIEVE!

What size & resolution are your display(s)? If more than 1920x1080, you'll want to connect via TB rather than HDMI in order to get the full native resolution. The Mac mini's HDMI output only supports up to 1920x1080 (aka 1080p).

-- hide signature --

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow